Friday, December 21, 2007

Catalyst Notes on the Demo

I found this submission dated June 07 ...

The original demo (June 07) has tracks on that are unfinished songs with scat lyrics and slapped together drum/bass lines by me.

The guidetracks contain the same unfinished songs but with no drums or bass and has a click track (most of them). I’m looking for suggestions on every aspect of the arrangements/hooks etc. All can change

Working Album Titles: Cul-de-sac Cred, Catalyst, Picket Fence, Masters of Huh, Cisco, Contrived, Catching Smoke in a Net

Tracks:
1. Ride - Driving pop (or rock?) song. Lyrics pretty much done.
2. 15 minutes - currently chorus is "grain of faith" but will change to "15 minutes of fame we need". Needs a break and the song needs to be longer. I like the piano stuff at the very end. That could be the basis of the break - but funked up.
3. Polygraph - Rock song with big guitars.
4. Catalyst Intro - should be bumped up against next track
5. Catalyst - classical guitar / pop. Needs a good piano hook. I want this to be a piano song - it should carry the song. Needs 3rd verse lyrics.
6. Monkey-See/Monkey-Do - I have no idea. No lyrics yet. Fun Rock with big guitars
7. Goldfish – Borderline silly. Consider lyric rewrite or at least a 2nd verse
8. Maddening Crowd - I hate this song. I'll try to replace it. Either that or change it to a rock song.
9. She treats her Body Like - done for a compilation album but am really not happy with the guitar. Remix or kill all together?
10. Push and Pull - Complete. Needs mastering. Consider drums?
11. Last song - a last minute addition. Maybe my favorite. No lyirics yet. Mellow with dare I say strings. Reed organ is a must. Piano would be good too.
12. Suzanne - Done. Live recording. Joe wants to redo this song but don’t know if I have the chops anymore.
13. (Not recorded) Cisco - in the works. To replace the weakest track (maddening crowd or she treats her body like)

No comments: